The Port Hope Area Historical Society was formed in 2020 to preserve the culture and heritage of the Port Hope Community. Our purpose is to discover, collect, and preserve any material which may help to establish or illustrate the history of the Port Hope Community and the surrounding area, as well as to provide access to those collected materials. The Society will also share historical information to promote interest in the origin and history of the Port Hope Community.
The mission of the Port Hope Area Historical Society is to ...
- Establish a Museum and research center
- Display artifacts that inspire and educate
- Provide resources and information to our communities
- Share the stories of our people
- Work with other regional organizations to build and share resources
The Historical Society is located just off M25 in Port Hope, Michigan. Turn east on Portland Ave. and you’ll find it on the right.
The Historical Society now sits adjacent to Stafford County Park on the shores of Lake Huron. Plenty of parking, camping and trailer hookups are available at the park.