As part of the Port Hope Area Historical Society, the Genealogy center has a specific mission and purpose. Our goal is to provide research services, resources and support for all genealogists. Our Archives and research rooms house local collections of ancestor’s trees and their stories.
- Services: Archives and Library, Personal Assistance, Group Presentations, Genealogy News
- Resources: Family Trees and Stories, Books, Maps and Journals, Oral Histories, Digital Access
- Support: Research for non-locals - “Feet-on-the-ground”, Tours of Local and Regional Sites, Cemetery Visits and Local Research
- Education: Genealogy Training Programs - beginner and advanced, Oral History Tutoring and Classes, Lectures – Topic and Skill Specific
- Technical Services: Print, Scan and Copy, WIFI, Internet. Audio and Video, Phone and Fax
Research Center Room with Internet
Creating a research area thanks to community donations.
Meeting and Conference Rooms
Includes Coffee and Relaxation Area, Kitchenette and Restroom and Park and Outside Areas
Archive, Storage and Display Areas
Some archived books currently on display for browsing.
Preserved items can be seen in the gallery.
The Genealogy Society now sits adjacent to Stafford County Park on the shores of Lake Huron. Plenty of parking, camping and trailer hookups are available at the park.